Monday 9 January 2012

A few 2011 finishes - "toot toot" first



 I have been meaning to get my friend's new baby quilt finished for ages. All I needed to do was the binding.




Sounds simple. But could i find one which I thought set it off appropriately. I tried every one of the materials in the quilt but they just killed it. White wasn't too bad but not very practical for a baby quilt.


 Finally I picked this red and white polka dot. It is perfect. What doesn't polka dot match really?


A shot of the back with those really cute cars. Toot toot.


And a close up of the quilting (this is my first attempt at stippling a whole quilt. Also done with polyester wadding which I don't think I would use again.)



 If you like the pattern, it is a free one called Thea's Puzzle Quilt by Amy Butler, modified to suit.


All rolled up and ready to go to its new home.


2 comments:

  1. Great choice for binding, the quilt looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there - welcome to quilting bloggers. Love the colours of the quilt - especially the green with the red border.

    ReplyDelete