Tuesday 10 July 2012

Sunset strip




It is so nice to get a quilt finished and washed. 


I tried to dash outside and make the best of the sunlight - it started to rain literally within minutes of me taking these shots.


Remember this post about a commissioned quilt for a friend of a friend? And all the options for her in case it was a boy or girl? Well turned out to be a boy and this is the quilt that the friend picked.


 A simple back of orange gingham (that my mother in law had wanted for a project and I immediately used up in one go! - never mind there's plenty more in the shop.)


All wrapped up ready to go.



A few finishing touches. I have decided to give out washing instructions because some of the materials are running badly even with prewashing but colour catchers are our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment